Prestige Software’s “Cloud Hospitality” platform is used by hotels to integrate their reservation systems with online booking websites like Expedia and Booking.com.
A misconfigured Amazon Web Services S3 bucket affects users and threatens travelers with identity theft, scams, credit-card fraud and vacation-stealing. The incident has affected 24.4 GB worth of data in total. Many of the records contain data for multiple hotel guests that were grouped together on a single reservation; thus, the number of people exposed is likely well over the 10 million.
Check the source
- H0lyGh0st Ransomware After Small and Midsize BusinessesMicrosoft has linked H0lyGh0st, a cyberthreat that emerged in June 2021 and targets small-to-midsized businesses, to North Korean state-sponsored […]
- Popular NFT Marketplace Ravaged by $540M Phishing SchemeIn March, a North Korean APT netted $540 million thanks to a massive phishing operation carried out on the […]
- Massive $59M Facebook Phishing Campaign Steals Nearly 400M CredentialsThreat actors have managed to net a staggering $59 million and steal hundreds of millions of credentials in a […]
- Human Error is a Top Security Risk in 2022, New Report ShowsA new report from Verizon warns about the human error as being one of the most frequent causes of […]
- Paying The Ransom – An Open Invitation For A Second Attack, 2022 Report WarnsWhether the unlucky victim of a ransomware attack ends up paying the ransom or not, they are still susceptible […]