LodaRAT which was targeting Windows users was found to also affect Android devices.
A fresh variant of the malware is being distributed in a campaign that targets Android devices and spies on its victims. An updated Windows version has also been discovered. The two versions were found in a campaign targeting Bangladesh users.
This way the malware now works suggests a shift of focus for LodaRAT’s devs, which seem to be more interested in espionage rather than financial gains. Previous versions of LodaRAT had credential-stealing functionalities which were most likely used to empty victim’s bank accounts. The updated ones are more oriented towards information gathering.
The fact that the threat group has evolved into hybrid campaigns targeting Windows and Android shows a group that is thriving and evolving […] Along with these improvements, the threat actor has now focused on specific targets, indicating more mature operational capabilities. As is the case with earlier versions of Loda, both versions of this new iteration pose a serious threat, as they can lead to a significant data breach or heavy financial loss.Researchers with Cisco Talos
Check the source.
- Most Companies Aren’t Ready For The Greatest Cyber Threat Of 2021 – RansomwareOne would think that ransomware, currently the most significant cyber threat out there, keeps all organizations on edge and […]
- Patch These 5 Vulnerabilities Now To Protect Your Company From Ransomware AttacksHackers are actively exploiting years-old security vulnerabilities to launch ransomware attacks because organizations skip on patching them. Some of […]
- Fileless And Encrypted Malware Saw Massive Growth in Q2 2021A new report analyzing malware trends in the second quarter of 2021 shows that cyber threats are becoming stealthier, […]
- Massive Phishing Attack Hits At Least 6,000 Coinbase UsersCrypto exchange Coinbase confirmed that funds were stolen from at least 6,000 accounts in a vast phishing attack this […]
- The 3 Top Ransomware Threats Might Surprise YouNo, it’s not Revil, Ragnar Locker, BlackMatter, or Conti to make it to the top three ransomware threats responsible […]