LodaRAT which was targeting Windows users was found to also affect Android devices.
A fresh variant of the malware is being distributed in a campaign that targets Android devices and spies on its victims. An updated Windows version has also been discovered. The two versions were found in a campaign targeting Bangladesh users.
This way the malware now works suggests a shift of focus for LodaRAT’s devs, which seem to be more interested in espionage rather than financial gains. Previous versions of LodaRAT had credential-stealing functionalities which were most likely used to empty victim’s bank accounts. The updated ones are more oriented towards information gathering.
The fact that the threat group has evolved into hybrid campaigns targeting Windows and Android shows a group that is thriving and evolving […] Along with these improvements, the threat actor has now focused on specific targets, indicating more mature operational capabilities. As is the case with earlier versions of Loda, both versions of this new iteration pose a serious threat, as they can lead to a significant data breach or heavy financial loss.Researchers with Cisco Talos
Check the source.
- Users of popular crypto app Maiar are targetted by SMiShingMaiar is a digital crypto wallet and global payments app that allows users to exchange and securely store money […]
- PHOBOS Ransomware Attack Hits Romanian Hospital on July 22A ransomware attack targeted Witting Clinical Hospital in Bucharest. Hackers took control of the healthcare provider’s servers, encrypted the […]
- 740 Ransomware Victims Listed On Data Leak Sites in Q2 2021, New Report ShowsA new report from Digital Shadow highlights the worrying information that the number of ransomware victims named on data […]
- Kaseya Gets Universal Decryptor for REvil RansomwareThe decryptor vendor will work closely with customers affected by this July’s outbreak of ransomware attacks to help recover […]
- Possibly the Highest Ransomware Payment Ever: CNA reportedly paid $40 million to hackersOne of the biggest US insurance companies, CNA, paid a ransom worth $40 million to attackers after a massive […]