LodaRAT which was targeting Windows users was found to also affect Android devices.
A fresh variant of the malware is being distributed in a campaign that targets Android devices and spies on its victims. An updated Windows version has also been discovered. The two versions were found in a campaign targeting Bangladesh users.
This way the malware now works suggests a shift of focus for LodaRAT’s devs, which seem to be more interested in espionage rather than financial gains. Previous versions of LodaRAT had credential-stealing functionalities which were most likely used to empty victim’s bank accounts. The updated ones are more oriented towards information gathering.
The fact that the threat group has evolved into hybrid campaigns targeting Windows and Android shows a group that is thriving and evolving […] Along with these improvements, the threat actor has now focused on specific targets, indicating more mature operational capabilities. As is the case with earlier versions of Loda, both versions of this new iteration pose a serious threat, as they can lead to a significant data breach or heavy financial loss.Researchers with Cisco Talos
Check the source.
- H0lyGh0st Ransomware After Small and Midsize BusinessesMicrosoft has linked H0lyGh0st, a cyberthreat that emerged in June 2021 and targets small-to-midsized businesses, to North Korean state-sponsored […]
- Popular NFT Marketplace Ravaged by $540M Phishing SchemeIn March, a North Korean APT netted $540 million thanks to a massive phishing operation carried out on the […]
- Massive $59M Facebook Phishing Campaign Steals Nearly 400M CredentialsThreat actors have managed to net a staggering $59 million and steal hundreds of millions of credentials in a […]
- Human Error is a Top Security Risk in 2022, New Report ShowsA new report from Verizon warns about the human error as being one of the most frequent causes of […]
- Paying The Ransom – An Open Invitation For A Second Attack, 2022 Report WarnsWhether the unlucky victim of a ransomware attack ends up paying the ransom or not, they are still susceptible […]