An unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then targeted an EU governmental agency.
This carefully planned operation started in September 2020, according to IBM. Since the vaccines need to be stored and transported at temperatures between -20°C and -70°C, the bad actors posed as an executive from the Chinese arm of Haier Biomedical, a credible and legitimate member company of the COVID-19 vaccine supply chain.
Spear-phishing emails were sent targeting those working in sales, procurement, IT and finance departments and the EU’s Directorate-General for Tax and the Customs Union, attempting to steal any data possible.
Check the source.
- Explosive Phishing Attack Targets Financial CompaniesResearchers warn about a new phishing attack targetting employees in financial services, using a poisoned Excel file. This Phishing […]
- BEC Scams: New Unit 42 Report Reveals Concerning FiguresPalo Alto’s Unit 42 just dropped a new report on BEC scams – business email compromise is one of […]
- This Phishing Scam Is After Your Microsoft 365 Account PasswordsA newly discovered phishing scam called TodayZoo sends out URLs to spoofed Microsoft 365 login pages. The Phishing Scam […]
- Massive Account-Stealing Phishing Scam Targeting YouTube CreatorsGoogle discovered an extensive cookie-swiping phishing scam targeting YouTube content providers and stealing accounts. A new report from the […]
- $5.2B In Bitcoin Ransomware Transactions Paid in First Half of ’21, New Report RevealsA new report shows that organizations paid a staggering $5.2B in Bitcoin in 2021 H1 to cybercriminals. Additionally, ransomware […]