An unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then targeted an EU governmental agency.
This carefully planned operation started in September 2020, according to IBM. Since the vaccines need to be stored and transported at temperatures between -20°C and -70°C, the bad actors posed as an executive from the Chinese arm of Haier Biomedical, a credible and legitimate member company of the COVID-19 vaccine supply chain.
Spear-phishing emails were sent targeting those working in sales, procurement, IT and finance departments and the EU’s Directorate-General for Tax and the Customs Union, attempting to steal any data possible.
Check the source.
- This Disney Plus Scam Is After Your Bank InfoA newly discovered Disney Plus scam is phishing for your banking information, using an e-mail with a very eye-catching […]
- ChatGPT Might Boost Phishing Scams In 2023, Experts WarnWhile AI’s immensely popular ChatGPT is a very useful tool for writers and creators worldwide, it might also help […]
- Devastating Ransomware Attack: Oakland Declares State of EmergencyIn the wake of a massive ransomware attack that left the city with no choice but to shut its […]
- H0lyGh0st Ransomware After Small and Midsize BusinessesMicrosoft has linked H0lyGh0st, a cyberthreat that emerged in June 2021 and targets small-to-midsized businesses, to North Korean state-sponsored […]
- Popular NFT Marketplace Ravaged by $540M Phishing SchemeIn March, a North Korean APT netted $540 million thanks to a massive phishing operation carried out on the […]