An unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then targeted an EU governmental agency.
This carefully planned operation started in September 2020, according to IBM. Since the vaccines need to be stored and transported at temperatures between -20°C and -70°C, the bad actors posed as an executive from the Chinese arm of Haier Biomedical, a credible and legitimate member company of the COVID-19 vaccine supply chain.
Spear-phishing emails were sent targeting those working in sales, procurement, IT and finance departments and the EU’s Directorate-General for Tax and the Customs Union, attempting to steal any data possible.
Check the source.
- Cyber-espionage campaign opens backdoor to steal documents from infected PCsResearchers at security company ESET uncover Crutch, a new malware backdoor. The newly detailed Crutch campaign appears tailored towards particular […]
- Crooks posing as COVID-19 ‘cold chain’ company phished EU for vaccine intel, says IBMAn unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then […]
- Major Business Email Compromise Phishing Ring BustedAuthorities found over 50,000 targeted victims of a massive, global scam enterprise that used over 26 different types of […]
- TurkeyBombing Puts New Twist on Zoom AbuseHackers stole nearly 4,000 credentials before Thanksgiving was even over. While millions of people were forced to spend the […]
- This Bluetooth Attack Can Steal a Tesla Model X in MinutesThe company is rolling out a patch for the vulnerabilities, which allowed one researcher to break into a car […]