An unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then targeted an EU governmental agency.
This carefully planned operation started in September 2020, according to IBM. Since the vaccines need to be stored and transported at temperatures between -20°C and -70°C, the bad actors posed as an executive from the Chinese arm of Haier Biomedical, a credible and legitimate member company of the COVID-19 vaccine supply chain.
Spear-phishing emails were sent targeting those working in sales, procurement, IT and finance departments and the EU’s Directorate-General for Tax and the Customs Union, attempting to steal any data possible.
Check the source.
- Users of popular crypto app Maiar are targetted by SMiShingMaiar is a digital crypto wallet and global payments app that allows users to exchange and securely store money […]
- PHOBOS Ransomware Attack Hits Romanian Hospital on July 22A ransomware attack targeted Witting Clinical Hospital in Bucharest. Hackers took control of the healthcare provider’s servers, encrypted the […]
- 740 Ransomware Victims Listed On Data Leak Sites in Q2 2021, New Report ShowsA new report from Digital Shadow highlights the worrying information that the number of ransomware victims named on data […]
- Kaseya Gets Universal Decryptor for REvil RansomwareThe decryptor vendor will work closely with customers affected by this July’s outbreak of ransomware attacks to help recover […]
- Possibly the Highest Ransomware Payment Ever: CNA reportedly paid $40 million to hackersOne of the biggest US insurance companies, CNA, paid a ransom worth $40 million to attackers after a massive […]