An unidentified group of malicious sorts impersonated a so-called “cold chain” company involved in COVID-19 vaccine distribution networks then targeted an EU governmental agency.
This carefully planned operation started in September 2020, according to IBM. Since the vaccines need to be stored and transported at temperatures between -20°C and -70°C, the bad actors posed as an executive from the Chinese arm of Haier Biomedical, a credible and legitimate member company of the COVID-19 vaccine supply chain.
Spear-phishing emails were sent targeting those working in sales, procurement, IT and finance departments and the EU’s Directorate-General for Tax and the Customs Union, attempting to steal any data possible.
Check the source.
- H0lyGh0st Ransomware After Small and Midsize BusinessesMicrosoft has linked H0lyGh0st, a cyberthreat that emerged in June 2021 and targets small-to-midsized businesses, to North Korean state-sponsored […]
- Popular NFT Marketplace Ravaged by $540M Phishing SchemeIn March, a North Korean APT netted $540 million thanks to a massive phishing operation carried out on the […]
- Massive $59M Facebook Phishing Campaign Steals Nearly 400M CredentialsThreat actors have managed to net a staggering $59 million and steal hundreds of millions of credentials in a […]
- Human Error is a Top Security Risk in 2022, New Report ShowsA new report from Verizon warns about the human error as being one of the most frequent causes of […]
- Paying The Ransom – An Open Invitation For A Second Attack, 2022 Report WarnsWhether the unlucky victim of a ransomware attack ends up paying the ransom or not, they are still susceptible […]