Hackers stole payment data from Costway’s website and other compromised Magento 1 websites using e-commerce credit-card skimmers.
One skimmer injects fake forms into an affected website while the other one collects credit-card details. Fortunately, this exploit only runs on outdated Magento 1 e-commerce software. Magento developers urged every customer to update to their latest software version.
“A large number of Magento 1 sites have been hacked but yet are not necessarily being monetized. […] Other threat actors that want access will undoubtedly attempt to inject their own malicious code. When that happens, we see criminals trying to access the same resources and sometimes fighting with one another.”Malwarebytes
Researchers at Malwarebytes identified French, UK, German, and Spanish Costway portals affected by these skimmers. The potential risk is massive, as only the French portal had over 180,000 visitors in December. The website’s payment form was collecting every buyer’s payment details.
Check the source.
- Most Companies Aren’t Ready For The Greatest Cyber Threat Of 2021 – RansomwareOne would think that ransomware, currently the most significant cyber threat out there, keeps all organizations on edge and […]
- Patch These 5 Vulnerabilities Now To Protect Your Company From Ransomware AttacksHackers are actively exploiting years-old security vulnerabilities to launch ransomware attacks because organizations skip on patching them. Some of […]
- Fileless And Encrypted Malware Saw Massive Growth in Q2 2021A new report analyzing malware trends in the second quarter of 2021 shows that cyber threats are becoming stealthier, […]
- Massive Phishing Attack Hits At Least 6,000 Coinbase UsersCrypto exchange Coinbase confirmed that funds were stolen from at least 6,000 accounts in a vast phishing attack this […]
- The 3 Top Ransomware Threats Might Surprise YouNo, it’s not Revil, Ragnar Locker, BlackMatter, or Conti to make it to the top three ransomware threats responsible […]