The attack vector was an email-protection application for Microsoft 365.
A new big name has is added to the already long list of SolarWinds attack’s collateral victims: Malwarebytes.
In a recent statement, the company recognized that “while Malwarebytes does not use SolarWinds, we, like many other companies were recently targeted by the same threat actor.”
The attack methods get more advanced, while multiple companies are used as backdoors.
There are clues that indicate that the series of attacks began last spring with a corrupted software update that delivered the Sunburst backdoor to about 18.000 organizations. After that, specific targets were chosen to be infiltrated further. Thankfully, Malwarebytes noted that “we found no evidence of unauthorized access or compromise in any of our internal on-premises and production environments….We do not use Azure cloud services in our production environments.” “A thorough investigation of all Malwarebytes source code, build and delivery processes showed no evidence of unauthorized access or compromise”, they added.
Check the source.
- Fresh COVID-19 Phish: Cybercrooks Impersonate Pfizer In Request For Quotation ScamBad guys exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic is nothing new under the sun. However, the newest highly-targeted phishing campaign impersonating […]
- Ransomware Attack Hits McMenamins; 2,700 Employee Records Potentially LeakedA recent attack targeted McMenamins, a popular family-run chain of hotels, restaurants, and breweries. The company is still experiencing […]
- The Number Of Double-Extortion Ransomware Victims Sees Massive 935% Increase In 2021A jaw-dropping three-digit spike in the number of companies hit with double-extortion ransomware attacks, most likely due to easy […]
- Cybercrooks Aiming To Take Over 1.6M WordPress Sites In Active AttackThreat actors are actively exploiting security flaws in four plugins and Epsilon themes to assign themselves administrative accounts and […]
- Cuba Ransomware Group Raked In $44M In Payouts, The FBI SaysThe Cuba ransomware gang is a wide range of tools and malware to launch and conduct attacks targeting organizations […]