The European Union recognizes that the network’s security can be improved and wants to control it more closely.
Security research company Positive Technologies reported that pre-existing vulnerabilities open the door for attacks on smartphone users.
“The stack of technologies in 5G potentially leaves the door open to attacks on subscribers and the operator’s network. Such attacks can be performed from the international roaming network, the operator’s network, or partner networks that provide access to services,”Positive Technologies
It turns out that the HTTP/2 protocol, used for vital network communications, has flaws that allows attackers to run all sorts of cyber attacks on mobile phone users. The research company reported that denial-of-service, man-in-the-middle and network service impersonation are just a few of the attacks that are possible by exploiting these vulnerabilities.
Around the same time, ENISA – the EU cybersecurity agency – published an in-depth report about 5G’s security, detailing the most critical vulnerabilities that need to be fixed. ENISA concluded that it needs to play a more significant role in 5G’s security, stating that it’s essential that the EU participates in defining and implementing security standards across the 5G Networks.
“So the big question right now for all of the telecoms, for security teams [and] for security researchers is how it will look like and what will be the security situation with 5G after the transition [from 4G LTE networks] is over?”Positive CTO Dmitry Kurbatov
Check the source.
- Most Companies Aren’t Ready For The Greatest Cyber Threat Of 2021 – RansomwareOne would think that ransomware, currently the most significant cyber threat out there, keeps all organizations on edge and […]
- Patch These 5 Vulnerabilities Now To Protect Your Company From Ransomware AttacksHackers are actively exploiting years-old security vulnerabilities to launch ransomware attacks because organizations skip on patching them. Some of […]
- Fileless And Encrypted Malware Saw Massive Growth in Q2 2021A new report analyzing malware trends in the second quarter of 2021 shows that cyber threats are becoming stealthier, […]
- Massive Phishing Attack Hits At Least 6,000 Coinbase UsersCrypto exchange Coinbase confirmed that funds were stolen from at least 6,000 accounts in a vast phishing attack this […]
- The 3 Top Ransomware Threats Might Surprise YouNo, it’s not Revil, Ragnar Locker, BlackMatter, or Conti to make it to the top three ransomware threats responsible […]