Most of us heard about a popular feature used by most social media websites, called “People Nearby”: it shows people’s exact location and also allows users to find each other and get in contact.
Questions arose when the people’s addresses were available for just everybody introducing a random or fake direction. Security researchers figured out that there was a risk of oversharing personal information with unknown people. All these create a fertile field for a malicious user to join local discussion groups to promote scams or fake investments.
The problem can be easily solved by simply disabling the feature and preserve personal privacy.
Check the source.
- Most Companies Aren’t Ready For The Greatest Cyber Threat Of 2021 – RansomwareOne would think that ransomware, currently the most significant cyber threat out there, keeps all organizations on edge and […]
- Patch These 5 Vulnerabilities Now To Protect Your Company From Ransomware AttacksHackers are actively exploiting years-old security vulnerabilities to launch ransomware attacks because organizations skip on patching them. Some of […]
- Fileless And Encrypted Malware Saw Massive Growth in Q2 2021A new report analyzing malware trends in the second quarter of 2021 shows that cyber threats are becoming stealthier, […]
- Massive Phishing Attack Hits At Least 6,000 Coinbase UsersCrypto exchange Coinbase confirmed that funds were stolen from at least 6,000 accounts in a vast phishing attack this […]
- The 3 Top Ransomware Threats Might Surprise YouNo, it’s not Revil, Ragnar Locker, BlackMatter, or Conti to make it to the top three ransomware threats responsible […]