Most of us heard about a popular feature used by most social media websites, called “People Nearby”: it shows people’s exact location and also allows users to find each other and get in contact.
Questions arose when the people’s addresses were available for just everybody introducing a random or fake direction. Security researchers figured out that there was a risk of oversharing personal information with unknown people. All these create a fertile field for a malicious user to join local discussion groups to promote scams or fake investments.
The problem can be easily solved by simply disabling the feature and preserve personal privacy.
Check the source.
- Users of popular crypto app Maiar are targetted by SMiShingMaiar is a digital crypto wallet and global payments app that allows users to exchange and securely store money […]
- PHOBOS Ransomware Attack Hits Romanian Hospital on July 22A ransomware attack targeted Witting Clinical Hospital in Bucharest. Hackers took control of the healthcare provider’s servers, encrypted the […]
- 740 Ransomware Victims Listed On Data Leak Sites in Q2 2021, New Report ShowsA new report from Digital Shadow highlights the worrying information that the number of ransomware victims named on data […]
- Kaseya Gets Universal Decryptor for REvil RansomwareThe decryptor vendor will work closely with customers affected by this July’s outbreak of ransomware attacks to help recover […]
- Possibly the Highest Ransomware Payment Ever: CNA reportedly paid $40 million to hackersOne of the biggest US insurance companies, CNA, paid a ransom worth $40 million to attackers after a massive […]