Most of us heard about a popular feature used by most social media websites, called “People Nearby”: it shows people’s exact location and also allows users to find each other and get in contact.
Questions arose when the people’s addresses were available for just everybody introducing a random or fake direction. Security researchers figured out that there was a risk of oversharing personal information with unknown people. All these create a fertile field for a malicious user to join local discussion groups to promote scams or fake investments.
The problem can be easily solved by simply disabling the feature and preserve personal privacy.
Check the source.
- Massive $59M Facebook Phishing Campaign Steals Nearly 400M CredentialsThreat actors have managed to net a staggering $59 million and steal hundreds of millions of credentials in a […]
- Human Error is a Top Security Risk in 2022, New Report ShowsA new report from Verizon warns about the human error as being one of the most frequent causes of […]
- Paying The Ransom – An Open Invitation For A Second Attack, 2022 Report WarnsWhether the unlucky victim of a ransomware attack ends up paying the ransom or not, they are still susceptible […]
- FBI: Business Email Compromise – a $43B ScamA new FBI report warns of a staggering spike in hacking activities using the Business Email Compromise technique (BEC), […]
- NVIDIA Confirms Employee Credentials And Proprietary Data Stolen During CyberattackNVIDIA confirmed the Lapsus$ cyberattack and the data leak that followed, saying it first became aware of the security […]