Attackers hit CD Projekt Red and extracted game source code, corporate documents, and more, which are threatening to release.
The company which is well known for developing games like Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher series announced on Twitter that they were the target of “a cyberattack in which some of our systems have become compromised.”
This is bad news for the company which was already struggling with glitches and problems from their latest blockbuster game – Cyberpunk 2077.
An unidentified cyberattack group “gained access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD PROJEKT Capital Group, and left a ransom note,” CD Projekt Red said. The ransom note wrote, “we have encrypted all of your servers, but we understand that you can most likely recover from backups.”
It seems that cyber-extortion has evolved from locking and preventing access to the data, to data leak threats.
Check the source.
- Most Companies Aren’t Ready For The Greatest Cyber Threat Of 2021 – RansomwareOne would think that ransomware, currently the most significant cyber threat out there, keeps all organizations on edge and […]
- Patch These 5 Vulnerabilities Now To Protect Your Company From Ransomware AttacksHackers are actively exploiting years-old security vulnerabilities to launch ransomware attacks because organizations skip on patching them. Some of […]
- Fileless And Encrypted Malware Saw Massive Growth in Q2 2021A new report analyzing malware trends in the second quarter of 2021 shows that cyber threats are becoming stealthier, […]
- Massive Phishing Attack Hits At Least 6,000 Coinbase UsersCrypto exchange Coinbase confirmed that funds were stolen from at least 6,000 accounts in a vast phishing attack this […]
- The 3 Top Ransomware Threats Might Surprise YouNo, it’s not Revil, Ragnar Locker, BlackMatter, or Conti to make it to the top three ransomware threats responsible […]