Attackers hit CD Projekt Red and extracted game source code, corporate documents, and more, which are threatening to release.
The company which is well known for developing games like Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher series announced on Twitter that they were the target of “a cyberattack in which some of our systems have become compromised.”
This is bad news for the company which was already struggling with glitches and problems from their latest blockbuster game – Cyberpunk 2077.
An unidentified cyberattack group “gained access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD PROJEKT Capital Group, and left a ransom note,” CD Projekt Red said. The ransom note wrote, “we have encrypted all of your servers, but we understand that you can most likely recover from backups.”
It seems that cyber-extortion has evolved from locking and preventing access to the data, to data leak threats.
Check the source.
- Users of popular crypto app Maiar are targetted by SMiShingMaiar is a digital crypto wallet and global payments app that allows users to exchange and securely store money […]
- PHOBOS Ransomware Attack Hits Romanian Hospital on July 22A ransomware attack targeted Witting Clinical Hospital in Bucharest. Hackers took control of the healthcare provider’s servers, encrypted the […]
- 740 Ransomware Victims Listed On Data Leak Sites in Q2 2021, New Report ShowsA new report from Digital Shadow highlights the worrying information that the number of ransomware victims named on data […]
- Kaseya Gets Universal Decryptor for REvil RansomwareThe decryptor vendor will work closely with customers affected by this July’s outbreak of ransomware attacks to help recover […]
- Possibly the Highest Ransomware Payment Ever: CNA reportedly paid $40 million to hackersOne of the biggest US insurance companies, CNA, paid a ransom worth $40 million to attackers after a massive […]