Attackers hit CD Projekt Red and extracted game source code, corporate documents, and more, which are threatening to release.
The company which is well known for developing games like Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher series announced on Twitter that they were the target of “a cyberattack in which some of our systems have become compromised.”
This is bad news for the company which was already struggling with glitches and problems from their latest blockbuster game – Cyberpunk 2077.
An unidentified cyberattack group “gained access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD PROJEKT Capital Group, and left a ransom note,” CD Projekt Red said. The ransom note wrote, “we have encrypted all of your servers, but we understand that you can most likely recover from backups.”
It seems that cyber-extortion has evolved from locking and preventing access to the data, to data leak threats.
Check the source.
- H0lyGh0st Ransomware After Small and Midsize BusinessesMicrosoft has linked H0lyGh0st, a cyberthreat that emerged in June 2021 and targets small-to-midsized businesses, to North Korean state-sponsored […]
- Popular NFT Marketplace Ravaged by $540M Phishing SchemeIn March, a North Korean APT netted $540 million thanks to a massive phishing operation carried out on the […]
- Massive $59M Facebook Phishing Campaign Steals Nearly 400M CredentialsThreat actors have managed to net a staggering $59 million and steal hundreds of millions of credentials in a […]
- Human Error is a Top Security Risk in 2022, New Report ShowsA new report from Verizon warns about the human error as being one of the most frequent causes of […]
- Paying The Ransom – An Open Invitation For A Second Attack, 2022 Report WarnsWhether the unlucky victim of a ransomware attack ends up paying the ransom or not, they are still susceptible […]