Attackers hit CD Projekt Red and extracted game source code, corporate documents, and more, which are threatening to release.
The company which is well known for developing games like Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher series announced on Twitter that they were the target of “a cyberattack in which some of our systems have become compromised.”
This is bad news for the company which was already struggling with glitches and problems from their latest blockbuster game – Cyberpunk 2077.
An unidentified cyberattack group “gained access to our internal network, collected certain data belonging to CD PROJEKT Capital Group, and left a ransom note,” CD Projekt Red said. The ransom note wrote, “we have encrypted all of your servers, but we understand that you can most likely recover from backups.”
It seems that cyber-extortion has evolved from locking and preventing access to the data, to data leak threats.
Check the source.
- Fresh COVID-19 Phish: Cybercrooks Impersonate Pfizer In Request For Quotation ScamBad guys exploiting the COVID-19 pandemic is nothing new under the sun. However, the newest highly-targeted phishing campaign impersonating […]
- Ransomware Attack Hits McMenamins; 2,700 Employee Records Potentially LeakedA recent attack targeted McMenamins, a popular family-run chain of hotels, restaurants, and breweries. The company is still experiencing […]
- The Number Of Double-Extortion Ransomware Victims Sees Massive 935% Increase In 2021A jaw-dropping three-digit spike in the number of companies hit with double-extortion ransomware attacks, most likely due to easy […]
- Cybercrooks Aiming To Take Over 1.6M WordPress Sites In Active AttackThreat actors are actively exploiting security flaws in four plugins and Epsilon themes to assign themselves administrative accounts and […]
- Cuba Ransomware Group Raked In $44M In Payouts, The FBI SaysThe Cuba ransomware gang is a wide range of tools and malware to launch and conduct attacks targeting organizations […]